To make your trip to Cusco, and especially to Machu Picchu, even more pleasant, at Inca Rail we have enabled a new luggage storage area in Ollantaytambo, the busiest train station to visit the mentioned Wonder of the World.
If you are the kind of people that prefers to pack more than less, and usually travel with a large suitcase or a couple of small ones, this option is ideal for you, because when you travel by train to Machu Picchu you have the right to a single piece (Bag, briefcase, briefcase) weighing no more than 8 kilos (17 pounds) with maximum dimensions of 157 linear centimeters (high, long and wide).
If this is your case, once you get to board your train you will have to leave the bags that do not meet those specifications. And now you can do in a comfortable, safe and FREE way by buying your train ticket at Inca Rail.
So, thinking about you and your comfort, let us give you all the details about this new service:
– You can leave as many suitcases as you want; There is no limit.
– It is not necessary to book in advance to leave your luggage in the storage area
– The luggage storage time is between one (1) and four (4) days, depending on the date of your train ticket. If the luggage is not collected in that period, Inca Rail will keep it for 30 days, and will have the right to withdraw them after that
– To enjoy this benefit, you must approach the storage area at least 30 minutes before your train leaves, carrying your travel ticket (either one way or round trip) and your Identity Document. With this information we will automatically know the date and time of your return to Ollantaytambo.
– For your safety, we recommend not leaving valuable or delicate items such as cameras, jewelry or money inside the luggage. If your suitcases do not have a lock, we will offer you security seals.
The hours of operation are from Monday to Sunday from 6:00 am to 12:00 am, and we are located at Av. Ferrocarril s / n., Next to the Inca Rail Ticket.
So pack whatever you want and we’ll wait for you in Ollantaytambo to make your trip an unimaginable experience.